Admission to the Ceremony
- THEi Graduation Ceremony will be held on 29 and 30 November 2022 (Tuesday and Wednesday) at the Multi-Purpose Hall in THEi Chai Wan Campus (Address: 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong).
- Graduands of the same programme will sit together.
- Graduands and Guests will be admitted to the Hall by admission ticket.
Before Arriving THEi Chai Wan Campus
- All participants must check their body temperature on the Ceremony day.
- If your body temperature on the day of Ceremony is at or higher than 37.5°C or you develop fever, upper respiratory tract infection symptoms or sudden loss of taste or smell, consult a doctor at once and please do not join the Ceremony.
- Participants should not attend the Ceremony if they are undergoing mandatory quarantine or awaiting test results of COVID-19 compulsory testing on the Ceremony day. They should attend the Ceremony only after receiving a positive test result.
- Participants must bring their own surgical mask(s) before entering THEi CW campus.
Before the Ceremony
- In order to minimize the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19, Graduands and guests who will attend in person are required to comply with the VTC “Vaccine Pass” requirement and latest government infection control regulations and guidelines including, but not limited to, conducting body temperature screening and scanning the "LeaveHomeSafe" (LHS) QR code using the LHS mobile application on his / her mobile device before entering the venue. Participants with “Red Code” or “Amber Code” in “Vaccine Pass” are restricted from
entering the campus. Please refer to https://myportal.vtc.edu.hk/en_US/covid/VP_FAQ_Students_v20220929.pdf for the latest requirements.
- Administrative personnel will take the body temperature of each participant on spot using a forehead thermometer to ensure his / her body temperature is below 37.5°C. Participants who have fever will be required to leave the Ceremony venues and consult a doctor promptly. The above procedure will be strictly enforced by the administrative personnel.
- Before entering the Ceremony venues, all participants must put on their own surgical masks properly (with the nose mouth and chin fully covered) and rub their hands using the alcohol sanitizer-gel placed at the entrance of the Ceremony venues.
- Graduands should arrive at the Ceremony venues 30 minutes before the reporting time of briefing and rehearsal sessions so that the COVID-19 precaution measures can be completed in good time.
- The Waiting Areas for your guests are located at the Learning Commons on 1/F (S103). Guests should be seated at the designated venues 20 minutes before the Ceremony starts (i.e. 9:40 a.m. at the 1st session, 2:40 p.m. at the 2nd session on 29 November 2022 (Tuesday) and 9:40 a.m. at the 3rd session on 30 November 2022 (Wednesday)) .
- Graduands of the same programme will be arranged to sit together.
Points to Note
- Children under the age of 4 will not be admitted.
- Graduands and guests who arrive late must wait outside the Hall or designated venues until the National Anthem is played and Stage Party have been seated on stage.
- Late comers will only be allowed to sit in the designated zone of the venue.
- To avoid undue disturbances, THEi reserves the right to determine the time and manner to exit.
- Eating and smoking are not allowed at the venues.
- Live streaming of the Ceremonies will be available on YouTube for live and post-ceremony viewing
During the Ceremony
- According to the advice from the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health, HKSAR Government, spatial separation of seating arrangement should be adopted in the Ceremony venues, so participants will be spaced out in the Ceremony venues as far as practicable.
- All participants are required to wear a surgical mask at all times and observe good personal hygiene (e.g. bring along alcohol hand sanitizer-gel to use whenever necessary) during the Ceremony.
- All participants are advised to maintain social distance with others and avoid having close contact, e.g. shaking hands, hug.
Order of Ceremony
The Ceremony will commence with a procession of the Ceremony Officials and Stage Party.
The National Anthem will be played when the Officials and Stage Party have assembled on the stage.
After the welcoming address and guest speech, Graduands of the respective programmes will be invited to come to the stage for the conferment of awards.
The Graduand Representative will deliver vote of thanks when all the awards have been conferred.
THEi Staff Awards, if applicable, will be presented.
After the closing remarks, the Ceremony will close.
The duration of the Ceremony will be about three hours.
After the Ceremony
- At the end of the Ceremony, all participants should leave the Ceremony venues separately and avoid gathering together.
- The Ceremony venues will be cleaned and disinfected after end of each session.
Public transport is recommended.
- Parking is not available at THEi.
- Shuttle bus service between Heng Fa Cheun MTR station (Exit A) and THEi Chai Wan Campus will be available for the Graduands and their guests on the Ceremony days.