Admission to the Ceremony
- THEi Graduation Ceremony will be held on 8 and 9 December 2021 (Wednesday and Thursday) at the Multi-Purpose Hall in THEi Chai Wan Campus (Address: 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong).
- Graduands of the same programme will sit together.
- Graduands and Guests will be admitted to the Hall by admission ticket.
Before Arriving THEi Chai Wan Campus
- All participants must check their body temperature on the Ceremony day.
- If your body temperature on the day of Ceremony is at or higher than 37.5°C or you develop fever, upper respiratory tract infection symptoms or sudden loss of taste or smell, consult a doctor at once and please do not join the Ceremony.
- Participants should not attend the Ceremony if they are undergoing mandatory quarantine or awaiting test results of COVID-19 compulsory testing on the Ceremony day. They should attend the Ceremony only after receiving a positive test result.
- Participants must bring their own surgical mask(s) before entering THEi CW campus.
Before the Ceremony
- All participants are required to fill in the hard copy of “VTC Visitor Health Declaration Form” at the entrance of THEi CW campus. The completed form will be checked and collected by the administrative personnel for record. Participants may also fill in and submit the electronic “VTC Visitor Health Declaration Form” in advance by scanning the QR code below and present the confirmation email to the administrative personnel at the entrance when you are entering THEi CW campus. (Note: Each Visitor Health Declaration Form is only valid on the date of visit).
- Administrative personnel will take the body temperature of each participant on spot using a forehead thermometer to ensure his / her body temperature is below 37.5°C. Participants who have fever will be required to leave the Ceremony venues and consult a doctor promptly. The above procedure will be strictly enforced by the administrative personnel.
- Before entering the Ceremony venues, all participants must put on their own surgical masks properly (with the nose mouth and chin fully covered) and rub their hands using the alcohol sanitizer-gel placed at the entrance of the Ceremony venues.
- Graduands should arrive at the Ceremony venues 30 minutes before the reporting time of briefing and rehearsal sessions so that the COVID-19 precaution measures can be completed in good time.
- The Waiting Areas for your guests are located at the Learning Commons on 1/F (S103). Guests should be seated at the designated venues 20 minutes (i.e. 9:40 a.m. at the 1st session, 2:55 p.m. at the 2nd session on 8 December 2021 (Wednesday) and 9:40 a.m. at the 3rd session on 9 December 2021 (Thursday)) before the Ceremony starts.
- Graduands of the same programme will be arranged to sit together.
Points to Note
- Children under the age of 4 will not be admitted.
- Graduands and guests who arrive late must wait outside the Hall or designated venues until the National Anthem has been played and Stage Party are seated on stage.
- Late comers will only be allowed to sit in the designated zone of the venue.
- To avoid undue disturbances, THEi reserves the right to determine the time and manner to exit.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed at the venues.
- Bottled and canned drinks are prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited on campus.
During the Ceremony
- According to the advice from the Centre for Health Protection (CHP) of the Department of Health, HKSAR Government, spatial separation of seating arrangement should be adopted in the Ceremony venues, so participants will be spaced out in the Ceremony venues as far as practicable.
- All participants are required to wear a surgical mask at all times and observe good personal hygiene (e.g. bring along alcohol hand sanitizer-gel to use whenever necessary) during the Ceremony.
- All participants are advised to maintain social distance with others and avoid having close contact, e.g. shaking hands, hug.
Order of Ceremony
The Ceremony will commence with a procession of the Ceremony Officials and Stage Party.
The National Anthem will be played when the Officials and Stage Party have assembled on the stage.
After the welcoming address and guest speech, Graduands of the respective programmes will be invited to come to the stage for the conferment of awards.
The Graduand Representative will deliver vote of thanks when all the awards have been conferred.
THEi Staff Awards, if applicable, will be presented.
After the closing remarks, the Ceremony will close.
The duration of the Ceremony will be about three hours.
After the Ceremony
- At the end of the Ceremony, all participants should leave the Ceremony venues separately and avoid gathering together.
- The Ceremony venues will be cleaned and disinfected after end of each session.
Public transport is recommended.
- Parking is not available at THEi.
- Shuttle bus service between Heng Fa Cheun MTR station (Exit A) and THEi Chai Wan Campus will be available for the Graduands and their guests on the Ceremony days.