Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Retail Management
FacultyFaculty of Management and Hospitality
DepartmentDepartment of Business Management
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management
Programme CodeMH125107 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Chai Wan campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management is recognised under
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 16/000212/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2021
The Programme aims to nurture a new generation of retail professionals who possess solid knowledge and foundation in retail management abilities with competence in multi-channel retailing, sales and marketing, customer services, store operation, merchandising and supply chain, human resources and strategic management to serve the manpower needs of the retail industry.
The programme provides graduates with employment opportunities in the field of e-tailing, marketing, sales, merchandising, store design, store operations, logistics management, human resource training and development, customer relationship management with local and multi-national retail groups and large shopping malls.
The Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM) accepts Retail Management students as student members.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details.
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Retail Management, Purchasing and Merchandising, Marketing in Global Trade, Public Relations and Advertising, Events Planning and Operation, Image Design, Innovative Product Design, Jewelry Arts and Design, Interior Design, Food and Beverage Operations, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Exercise Science and Health Fitness, Electrical and Energy Engineering, Computer Forensic Technology, Film and Video Studies / Film and Video, Accounting in Practice, Pâtisserie and Café Operations, Animal Care, Jewellery and Accessories Design and Practical Psychology.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 3890 8222).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2019/20 is $2,620 per credit point for both Year-1 Entry and Year-3 Entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.