Bachelor of Science (Honours) Green Engineering and Sustainability
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Green Engineering and Sustainability
Programme CodeST125206 (Full Time)
ST525206 (Part Time)
- Application for self-financed places in Year-3 Entry via Through-train Scheme
(Applicable to VTC Higher Diploma Final Year Students and Graduates Only)
- Application for self-financed places in Year-1 Entry via VTC Admission S6 Portal ;
- Application for self-financed places in Year-3 Entry via VTC Web-based Admission System
- Application for Mainland Student via Mainland Admission System
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Part-time (Evening): 3 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Campus(es)/Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Tsing Yi) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses
- Odour Research Laboratory
- Air Monitoring Laboratory
- Acoustics Laboratory
- Wastewater Treatment Laboratory
- Recycle Centre of Waste Management
- Chemical Testing Laboratory
- Biotechnology and Toxicology Testing Laboratory
- Computer Laboratory
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Green Engineering and Sustainability is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
Registration No.: 23/000262/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2023 to 31/08/2028
The programme has been developed to produce professionals who are well-equipped with knowledge in green technologies, sustainability and IT skills in response to the Government’s initiative on climate action plan, environmental protection, waste management and smart city development. It aims to equip students with professional knowledge and skills to pursue careers and to assume leadership roles to serve the manpower needs of the environmental industry. The programme covers a broad range of professional knowledge related to emerging environmental technology, nature conservation, smart environmental monitoring, carbon audit, machine learning for environmental applications and renewable energy systems. The learning experience is further enriched by the 720 hour credit-bearing work-integrated learning, along with a general education study developed to prepare for a career. Graduates from this programme will be professionally competent as well as socially and globally responsible.
Career ProspectsGraduates may be employed as assistant environmental engineers/consultants, graduate trainees, carbon auditors, assistant sustainability officers, assistant ESG officers, environmental data scientists/analysts, project managers in government departments (such as Environmental Protection Department), technology development associate in public and private utilities (such as railway, electric and gas companies), project manager (consultancies), facility manager, (facilities and building management companies, waste treatment and recycling management service providers, non-government organisations and private corporations).
The new programme may seek recognition from Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE) and Hong Kong Institute of Qualified Environmental Professionals Limited (HKIQEP) in the future.
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
An "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)" in an HKDSE Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2", "Level 3" and "Level 4" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose. The results of relevant ApL subjects will be considered in the application for Degree programmes. Relevant ApL subjects include: Electrical and Energy Engineering, Digital Construction, Tech Basics, Constructing Smart Cities, AI and Robotics and Computer Forensic Technology.
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules may be required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology
(Telephone No: 2176 1505 or Email: email@example.com).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for Academic Year 2023/24 is $3,290 per credit point for Year-1 Entry and $3,250 per credit point for Year-3 Entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.