Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Advertising
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
DepartmentDepartment of Design
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising
- Application for self-financed places in Year-3 Entry via VTC Web-based Admission System
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Part-time (Evening): 4 Years (Year 3 Entry)
* The accreditation status of the new part-time degree programmes are subject to the final approval of the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation of Academic and Vocational Qualifications, while the programme title of BA (Hons) in Advertising may be renamed.
** Year 1 Entry is not available in Academic Year 2022/23
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 12/000568/5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2012 to 31/08/2022
This programme aims to cultivate students’ creativity and design thinking. Through an in-depth understanding of the theory and principle in traditional advertising and the exploration of knowledge and application of transmedia and internet on advertising, students will be able to develop effective advertising solutions through the process of conducting research, analysis, implementation and evaluation. In additional to local market information, international elements would be also introduced to student through visiting or seminar for delivering the corporate information and practical knowledge taught by the speakers from the industry professionals. Practice makes perfect! We have a tight connection with industry practitioners for internship and we encourage students to excel their creativity through international competitions. Current students and alumni outshined in various local and international advertising competitions e.g. Red Dot Award, 4As Kam Fan Award.
Graduates of the Programme will be capable of assuming supervisory role and technical duties in the advertising field. The graduates will have the potential to assume positions such as Art Directors, Designers, Social Media Researchers, Production Assistants, and Graphic Artists, etc. They can advance to managerial positions such as Creative Directors, Design Consultants, Media Planners, and Studio Managers, etc. with accumulated working experience and/or professional qualifications.
Professional Body Engagement
Graduates are eligible to apply for memberships of :
- The Chartered Society of Designers (All students are entitled to free CSD Student Membership and are able to apply for Associate Membership of the Society at a discounted rate on graduation)
- The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Designers Association
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details.
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Marketing in Global Trade, Practical Accounting for SMEs, Practical Computerised Accounting, Understanding Financial Services, Film and Video Studies / Film and Video, Introduction to Theatre Arts, Multimedia Entertainment Studies, Commercial Comic Art, Infotainment Production, TV Infotainment Production, Radio Host and Programme Production, Understanding Hong Kong Law, Events Planning and Operation, Interior Design, Computer Game and Animation Design, Introduction to Cantonese Opera, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Accounting in Practice, Public Relations and Communication, Business Data Analysis, Internet of Everything Application, Creative Advertising, Medical Laboratory Science, Railway Studies, Display and Jewellery Design, The Essentials of Theatre Arts, Film and Transmedia, Accounting for e-Business, Child Care and Development, Constructing Smart Cities, Digital Comic Design and Production, PR and Multimedia Communication, Data Application for Business, Airport Passenger Terminal Operations, Exercise and Fitness Coaching,Tech Basics.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2021/22 is $3,120 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.