Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Horticulture and Landscape Management
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
DepartmentDepartment of Environment
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Horticulture and Landscape Management
JUPAS Catalogue No. – For Year 1 Entry JSSV07 (Application for subsidised places under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors via JUPAS)
Programme Code – For Year 3 EntryDS125105 (Application for self-financed places via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses.
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Horticulture and Landscape Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 15/001517/L5
Validity Period: 01/09/2015 to 31/08/2020
This programme aims to equip students with the theoretical, technical and professional skills and knowledge in horticulture and arboriculture management, landscape construction and maintenance, related sciences of plants, landscapes and the environment, and sustainable landscape management. It will prepare students to perform the roles and tasks related to horticultural and arboricultural supervision, tree assessment, landscape management, and professional support for both the development and conservation of landscapes and the environment.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates may be employed as landscape and horticulture project managers, horticultural or tree specialist, horticultural inspector, arborist, tree risk assessor, landscape supervisor, tree works supervisor, industry business and technical representative, horticultural or landscape consultant and educator.
Graduates are eligible to apply for memberships of :
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Horticulture (UK)
- Accredited Arboricultural Practitioners, the Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects
- Technician Membership of the Arboricultural Association (UK)
- Certified Arborist of the International Society of Arboriculture (USA)
Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors
This programme is in the Government's Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). Please click here for more details. Admission to the subsidised places for Year 1 Entry will be through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) while admission to the self-financed places for Year 3 Entry can be made through VTC Web-based Admissions System.
JUPAS Catalogue No.: JSSV07
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
You may also refer to the General Entrance Requirements for more infromation.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Starting from the 2018 HKDSE, the reporting of students' performance in ApL subjects would be further refined from the existing two levels of "Attained" and "Attained with Distinction" to "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)". Performance of "Attained with Distinction (I)" is comparable to level 3 while "Attained with Distinction (II)" is comparable to level 4 or above of the Category A subjects of the HKDSE. Details can be found at http://www.hkeaa.edu.hk/en/hkdse/assessment/subject_information/category_b_subjects/. And a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include : Image Design, Environmental Engineering.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,700 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.