Professional Diploma Elderly Services
Professional Diploma in Elderly Services
The longevity of Hong Kong people is remarkable in the world, the Census and Statistics Department speculates that the population of 2030 will rise to 33%. In response to this need, this programme is designed to provide students with comprehensive professional training, professional diploma level (Hong Kong Qualifications Framework), based on the Education Bureau's "Specification of Competency Standards" for the Elderly Care Service including psychological, social and spiritual care, clinical care, and management of the elderly business and other areas.
In addition to classroom teaching, there are a wide range of teaching forms, such as group discussions, workshops and field trips, to enable students to practice their knowledge, prepare for the development of the industry, and meet the needs of the elderly demand.
- Graduates of the SCE-based QF Level 4 Elderly Clinical Care AND Psychosocial and Spiritual Care AND Elderly Service Management-related programmes offered by VTC.
- Graduates from other related QF Level 4 programmes in the VTC and other institutions should have 1 year working experience relevant to elderly services, applicants with lesser experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants with relevant Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) qualifications at QF Level 4 or above and a pass in an entrance assessment may be admitted.
- Mature students at the age of 23 or above with at least three years of relevant working experiences and with a pass in the admission interview may be admitted.
Graduates will be cable of assuming supervisory and technical dutiesin the elderly care service industry. They can advance to managerial positions, such as healthcare supervisors and administrators, with accumlated working experience and professional qualifications.
* This programme is a new programme for AY2017/18 and is under validation.