Bachelor of Science (Honours) Multimedia Technology and Innovation
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Multimedia Technology and Innovation
- Application for self-financed places in Year-3 Entry via VTC Web-based Admission System
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyThis programme accepts Year-3 applications only
Full-time: 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Multimedia Technology and Innovation is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 14/002691/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2024
This programme focus on emerging multimedia technologies and the creative process in a commercial and social context that is relevant to a career in the multimedia industry. It also emphasises on intellectual and creative development through the application of technology, computer systems and design to produce innovative multimedia solutions. The industry-focused approach nurtures a new generation of multimedia professionals with strong technology knowledge with awareness in the art, design, cultural, social and commercial context.
Graduates will be employed as multimedia programmers, multimedia designers, game designers, user experience designers and new media artists in the creative industry. With more experience, they can advance to managerial positions such as project managers, technical directors and creative directors.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2021/22 is $3,120 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.