Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Professional Accounting
FacultyFaculty of Management and Hospitality
DepartmentDeparment of Business Management
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Professional Accounting
Programme CodeMH125103 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 1.5 or 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish supplemented with Cantonese
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Kowloon Tong campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Professional Accounting is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 14/002731/L5
Validity Period: 01/09/2014 to 31/08/2019
This programme aims to equip students with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills in professional accounting that will prepare them to become competent accountants after graduation, and to ultimately be able to assume managerial roles in professional accounting and related practices. Students will be trained in the areas of accounting, finance, or corporate governance in a local, national or global context. The programme also develops students with professional knowledge in accounting and management of corporate financial resources to meet the emerging needs in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
Graduates can expect to take up junior positions in professional accounting firms and in any business or government operations such as audit and taxation trainees, management trainees and executive officers. They are able to perform with short learning curves in the workplace and understand the strategic roles of business with managerial perspectives. After gaining sufficient work experience, they are ready for progression to managerial roles in their fields as accountants or department managers.
Accredited accountancy degree programme by:
- The Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA): under the Qualification Programme (QP); and
- CPA Australia: under the CPA Programme.
Accredited exemptions from:
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) for Papers F1 to F9;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA); and
The Hong Kong Institute of Chartered Secretaries (HKICS) for 4 subjects under the International Qualifying Scheme (IQS).
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- An "Attained" and an "Attained with Distinction" in an HKDSE relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include : Practical Accounting for SMEs, Practical Computerised Accounting, Understanding Financial Services, Understanding Hong Kong Law.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Bridging modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 39597222).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2016/17 is $2,160 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.