Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management
FacultyFaculty of Management and Hospitality
DepartmentDepartment of Business Management
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management
Programme CodeMH125107 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish supplemented with Cantonese
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Kowloon Tong campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 16/000212/L5
Validity Period: 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2021
The Programme aims to nurture a new generation of retail professionals who possess solid knowledge and foundation in retail management abilities with competence in multi-channel retailing, sales and marketing, customer services, store operation, merchandising and supply chain, human resources and strategic management to serve the manpower needs of the retail industry.
Graduates can pursue a retail career in marketing, sales, merchandising, store design, store operations, training and development, customer relationship management with global and local online stores, chain stores, luxury stores, department stores, superstores/supermarkets, shopping malls and wholesales businesses.
Professional accreditation/ support will be sought from Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM) and Hong Kong Retail Management Association (HKRMA).
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
1. A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
2. An "Attained" and an "Attained with Distinction" in an HKDSE relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Retail Management, Purchasing and Merchandising, Marketing in Global Trade, Public Relations and Advertising, Events Planning and Operation, Fashion Clothing and Textiles, Image Design, Visual Arts, Innovative Product Design, Jewelry Arts and Design, Interior Design, Food and Beverage Operations.
3. Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
1. Bridging modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
2. All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
3. For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 3959 7222).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,480 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.