Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management
FacultyFaculty of Management and Hospitality
DepartmentDepartment of Business Management
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management
Programme CodeMH125107 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish supplemented with Cantonese
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Chai Wan campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Retail Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 16/000212/L5
Validity Period: 01/09/2016 to 31/08/2021
The Programme aims to nurture a new generation of retail professionals who possess solid knowledge and foundation in retail management abilities with competence in multi-channel retailing, sales and marketing, customer services, store operation, merchandising and supply chain, human resources and strategic management to serve the manpower needs of the retail industry.
The programme provides graduates with employment opportunities in the field of e-tailing, marketing, sales, merchandising, store design, store operations, logistics management, human resource training and development, customer relationship management with local and multi-national retail groups and large shopping malls.
Professional accreditation/ support will be sought from Hong Kong Institute of Marketing (HKIM) and Hong Kong Retail Management Association (HKRMA).
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
You may also refer to the General Entrance Requirements for more infromation.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- An “Attained”, “Attained with Distinction(I)” and “Attained with Distinction(II)” in an HKDSE relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at “Level 2” , “Level 3” and “Level 4” respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects (excluding ApL(C)) can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Retail Management, Purchasing and Merchandising, Marketing in Global Trade, Public Relations and Advertising, Events Planning and Operation, Image Design, Innovative Product Design, Jewelry Arts and Design, Interior Design, Food and Beverage Operations, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Exercise Science and Health Fitness, Electrical and Energy Engineering, Computer Forensic Technology, Chinese for the Service Industry, Practical Chinese in Hospitality, Film and Video, Accounting in Practice, Pâtisserie and Café Operations, Animal Care, Jewellery and Accessories Design and Practical Psychology.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Management and Hospitality (Telephone No: 3959 7222).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,480 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.