Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Testing and Certification
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
DepartmentDepartment of Food and Health Sciences
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Testing and Certification
Programme CodeST125202 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish supplemented with Cantonese
Campus(es)/Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
This programme aims to provide an integrated Testing & Certification (T&C) training to students, in order to equip them with the knowledge and practical skills to work in the complex and ever-changing environment of the T&C industry. It emphasizes on both scientific knowledge and practical skills in four important areas of T&C - integrated science, analytical science, testing technologies, quality control and management - which would allow the graduates to pursue a professional career in the T&C industry.
Graduates will be capable of assuming supervisory and technical duties in the T&C industry. Examples include Technical Assistant, Quality Assurance Assistant and Chemist. They can advance to managerial positions, such as Senior Chemist, Technical Consultant and Technical Manager, with accumulated working experience and professional
Graduates may apply for the Certified Testing Professional (CTP) under the Professional Certification Scheme for Testing Personnel, administered by the HKTIC.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Bridging modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1415).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
* This programme is a new programme for AY2017/18 and is under validation.