Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
DepartmentDepartment of Design
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising
Programme CodeDS125101 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at both Kowloon Tong and Tseung Kwan O campuses and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 12/000568/5
Validity Period: 01/09/2012 to 31/08/2022
The programme aims to cultivate the creativity and design thinking of students. By gaining an in-depth understanding of traditional advertising and exploring application of transmedia in advertising, students will be able to develop effective advertising solutions through conducting research, analysis, implementation and evaluation.
Upon completing the programme, students will process professional knowledge about advertising, marketing acumen, and awareness of new media technology that will equip them to enter the industry in areas such as copywriting, digital marketing, branding design, interactive and online advertising, transmedia and graphic communication design.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
You may also refer to the General Entrance Requirements for more infromation.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- An “Attained” and an “Attained with Distinction” in an HKDSE relevant Applied Learning (ApL) subject (Category B subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at “Level 2” and “Level 3” respectively, and a maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include : Marketing in Global Trade, Practical Accounting for SMEs, Practical Computerised Accounting, Understanding Financial Services, Film and Video Studies, Introduction to Theatre Arts, Multimedia Entertainment Studies, Commercial Comic Art, Infotainment Production, TV Infotainment Production, Radio Host and Programme Production, Understanding Hong Kong Law, Events Planning and Operation, Interior Design, Computer Game and Animation Design, Introduction to Cantonese Opera.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Bridging modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3959 7323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,700 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.