Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Advertising
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
DepartmentDepartment of Design
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising
Programme Code – For Year 1 Entry and Year 3 EntryDS125101 (Application for self-financed places via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Advertising is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 12/000568/5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2012 to 31/08/2022
The programme aims to cultivate the creativity and design thinking of students. By gaining an in-depth understanding of traditional advertising and exploring application of transmedia in advertising, students will be able to develop effective advertising solutions through conducting research, analysis, implementation and evaluation.
Upon completing the programme, students will process professional knowledge about advertising, marketing acumen, and awareness of new media technology that will equip them to enter the industry in areas such as copywriting, digital marketing, branding design, interactive and online advertising, transmedia and graphic communication design.
Professional Body Engagement
The programme is a supported course by The Chartered Society of Designers of UK (CSD) and all students are entitled to free CSD Student Membership and are able to apply for Associate Membership of the Society at a discounted rate on graduation. Graduates may also apply for membership of The Association of Accredited Advertising Agencies of Hong Kong and the Hong Kong Designers Association.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details.
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Marketing in Global Trade, Practical Accounting for SMEs, Practical Computerised Accounting, Understanding Financial Services, Film and Video Studies / Film and Video, Introduction to Theatre Arts, Multimedia Entertainment Studies, Commercial Comic Art, Infotainment Production, TV Infotainment Production, Radio Host and Programme Production, Understanding Hong Kong Law, Events Planning and Operation, Interior Design, Computer Game and Animation Design, Introduction to Cantonese Opera, Fashion and Image Design, The Essentials of Dramatic Arts, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Accounting in Practice.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2018/19 is $2,965 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.