Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Fashion Design
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
DepartmentDepartment of Design
Programme NameBachelor of Arts (Honours) in Fashion Design
JUPAS Catalogue No. – For Year 1 Entry JSSV01 (Application for subsidised places under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors via JUPAS)
Programme Code – For Year 3 Entry DS125102 (Application for self-financed places via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses.
Facility(ies)Accessories Design Workshop
Fashion Technology Workshop
Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Fashion Design is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 12/000569/5
Validity Period: 01/09/2012 to 31/08/2022
This programme aims to enable students to become "graduates of choice" for a rapidly changing global fashion design industry, and to equip graduates to enter the world of work at a professional level, who can intelligently and skillfully engage with emerging issues and opportunities, particularly in Mainland China. It also aims to develop students’ creative and practical abilities, and provides a sound grounding in the theoretical and technical aspects of the fashion design and management, thus enabling them to become masters in making and specialists in fashion industry.
The Fashion Design Stream, Fashion Management Stream and Study Options (Fashion Accessories Design, Knitwear Design, Specialised Fashion Design, Fashion Retailing, Fashion Communication) are specially designed to cater for the needs of today’s dynamic and rapidly changing fashion industry, enhance and differentiate students’ career prospects.
Upon completion of the programme, fashion graduates can go into many different areas of the fashion business. Career prospects include fashion designer, knitwear designer, fashion accessory designer, fashion coordinator, product developer, fashion buyer, fashion retailing and fashion communication etc.
Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors
This programme is in the Government's Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). Please click here for more details. Admission to the subsidised places for Year 1 Entry will be through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) while admission to the self-financed places for Year 3 Entry can be made through VTC Web-based Admissions System.
JUPAS Catalogue No.: JSSV01
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Level 3 or above in the HKDSE English Language and Chinese Language; AND Level 2 or above in the HKDSE Mathematics, Liberal Studies and one Elective Subject; OR Equivalent.
You may also refer to the General Entrance Requirements for more infromation.
- A "Grade D or E" and a "Grade C or above" in an HKDSE Other Language subject (Category C subjects) are regarded as equivalent to an HKDSE subject at "Level 2" and "Level 3" respectively, and one Other Language subject can be counted for admission purpose.
- Starting from the 2018 HKDSE, the reporting of students' performance in ApL subjects would be further refined from the existing two levels of "Attained" and "Attained with Distinction" to "Attained", "Attained with Distinction (I)" and "Attained with Distinction (II)". Performance of "Attained with Distinction (I)" is comparable to level 3 while "Attained with Distinction (II)" is comparable to level 4 or above of the Category A subjects of the HKDSE. Details can be found at http://www.hkeaa.edu.hk/en/hkdse/assessment/subject_information/category_b_subjects/. A maximum of two ApL subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subject includes : Image Design, Fashion and Image Design, Jewellery Arts and Design, Introduction to Theatre Arts, Film and Video Studies, Public Relations and Advertising, Magazine Editing and Production, New Media Communication Strategies, Applied Business Research, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Marketing in Global Trade, Purchasing and Merchandising, Applied Psychology, Film and Video, Jewellery and Accessories Design, Practical Psychology.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview with an original work portfolio.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2017/18 is $2,700 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.