Bachelor of Science (Honours) Horticulture, Arboriculture and Landscape Management
FacultyFaculty of Design and Environment
DepartmentDepartment of Environment
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Horticulture, Arboriculture and Landscape Management
Remarks: With effect from 2020/21 academic year, this new programme title will be used. The programme title before 2020/21 academic year was "Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Horticulture and Landscape Management".
JUPAS Catalogue No. – For Year 1 Entry JSSV07 (Application for subsidised places under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors via JUPAS)
Programme Code – For Year 3 EntryDS125110 (Application for self-financed places via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish
Venue(s)Core modules would be conducted at THEi (Chai Wan) and some General Education (GE) modules at other campuses.
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Horticulture, Arboriculture and Landscape Management is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 20/000210/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2020 to 31/08/2025
This programme aims to equip students with the theoretical, technical and professional skills and knowledge in horticulture and arboriculture management, landscape construction and maintenance, related sciences of plants, landscapes and the environment, and sustainable landscape management. It will prepare students to perform the roles and tasks related to horticultural and arboricultural supervision, tree assessment, landscape management, and professional support for both the development and conservation of landscapes and the environment.
Upon completion of the programme, graduates can be employed in both public and private sectors as follows: landscape and horticulture project manager, horticultural or tree specialist, horticultural inspector, arborist, tree risk assessor, landscape supervisor, tree works supervisor, industry business and technical representative, horticultural or landscape consultant and educator.
Graduates are eligible to apply for memberships of :
- Certified Arborist of the International Society of Arboriculture (USA)
- Accredited Arborist of the Hong Kong Institute of Landscape Architects
- Technician Membership of the Arboricultural Association (UK)
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Horticulture (UK)
Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors
This programme is in the Government's Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). Please click here for more details. Admission to the subsidised places for Year 1 Entry will be through the Joint University Programmes Admissions System (JUPAS) while admission to the self-financed places for Year 3 Entry can be made through VTC Web-based Admissions System.
JUPAS Catalogue No.: JSSV07
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
Please refer to the General Entrance Requirements for details.
Programme-specific Requirements :
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Image Design, Environmental Engineering, Building Facilities Engineering, Building Technology, Creative Advertising, Public Relations and Communication, Entrepreneurship for SME, Marketing and Online Promotion, Animal Care, Foundation in Chinese Medicine, Health Care Practice, Medical Laboratory Science, Applied Psychology, Practical Psychology, Exercise Science and Health Fitness, Electrical and Energy Engineering, and Railway Studies.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent sub-degree qualifications/studies in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules may be required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry, please contact Faculty of Design and Environment (Telephone No: 3890 8323).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2020/21 is $3,035 per credit point. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.