Applications for Spring Intake in AY2023/24 is open to Local student only.
In AY 2023/24, THEi accepts applications for Spring Semester from the Local students for admission to the following programmes in Year-3 EntryNote1:
|Faculty||Programme Code||ProgrammeNote2||Medium of Instruction|
|Faculty of Management and Hospitality||MH125104||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hotel Operations Management||English|
|MH125108||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management||English|
|MH125110||Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management||Chinese (Putonghua)|
1 Please note that admission for Spring Semester for Non-local students is NOT available in AY 2023/24.
2 Availability of a study place is on a first-come-first-served basis. Offer acceptance and registration for a programme would not be available when the study places are filled.
For details of the programmes, please click on the above links to visit their websites.
Application information and general entrance requirements of the above programmes are given below:
General Entrance Requirements
- Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional Core Modules are required for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- All applicants for Year-3 Entry are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English / Putonghua.
The Spring Semester begins on 22 January 2024. Interested applicants should complete the application procedure within the following application periods:
- Local Applicants: from 13 October 2023 to 29 December 2023
Please download the Information Kit to observe the application procedure and relevant important details, and submit the completed application form with the required supporting documents via email to email@example.com by the above stipulated deadlines. Late and incomplete submissions may not be processed:
Applicants are not required to pay application fee for Year-3 Entry application.
- Tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken in a semester.
- For details of the tuition fees, please refer to the programme websites as provided above.
- Tuition fees are subject to annual review. Additional Core Modules may be required prior to commencement or during Year 3 study.
- Additional tuition fees will be charged according to the number of credit points taken, if any.
Scholarships & Awards
THEi has set up an "Entrance Scholarship Scheme"1 in recognition of the all-round outstanding performance of Higher Diploma graduates who enroll in designated degree programmes. The scheme offers one-off scholarships of up to HK$20,000 per award.
Entrance Scholarship for Self-financing Degree Programmes (for Year-3 Entry Students) (for AY2023/24 Spring Intake)
- Eligible students will receive notifications from the Institute and may be required to provide relevant information or attend an interview. No application is required.
- The criteria of scholarship are subject to annual review. Other achievements such as music, sports, leadership, community services and other extra-curricular activities may be considered. Awardees have to fulfill other conditions as set by the Selection Committee, which include undertaking to study at the Institute for the entire academic year (i.e. From Semester Two, AY 2023/24 To Semester One, AY 2024/25). THEi reserves the rights to adjust the selection criteria in each academic year. The decision of the Selection Committee and THEi on the scholarship schemes is final.
- Entrance scholarships are only applicable to new students who are admitted to THEi degree programmmes for the first time. Students will not be eligible for any entrance scholarship if they are readmitted to the same or another THEi programme for whatever reasons.
- In Spring Intake of Academic Year 2023/24, the designated degree programmes for Entrance Scholarship include:
- MH125104 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hotel Operations Management [Medium of Instruction: English](Year-3 Entry)
- MH125109 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Hotel Operations Management [Medium of Instruction: Chinese (Putonghua)](Year-3 Entry)
- MH125108 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management [Medium of Instruction: English] (Year-3 Entry)
- MH125110 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Public Relations and International Events Management [Medium of Instruction: Chinese (Putonghua)] (Year-3 Entry)
- Verification of the academic results and/ or qualifications is required before the disbursement of the scholarship awards to the awardees. Awardees will be notified of the arrangement in due course.
THEi has also set up the "Scholarship for Excellent Performance" for progressing students with value up to HK$40,000 in recognition of their excellent academic achievements in THEi.
|Institute / Campus||Address||Telephone No.||Fax No.|
|THEi||Faculty of Management and Hospitality
12/F (South Block), 133 Shing Tai Road, Chai Wan, Hong Kong
|3890 8222||3890 firstname.lastname@example.org|
Registry (THEi Chai Wan Campus)
|3890 8000||3890 email@example.com|