Bachelor of Science (Honours) Chinese Medicinal Pharmacy
FacultyFaculty of Science and Technology
Programme NameBachelor of Science (Honours) in Chinese Medicinal Pharmacy
Programme CodeST125204 (Application via VTC Web-based Admissions System)
Mode, Year of Study Accepting Entry & Duration of StudyFull-time: 4 Years (Year 1 Entry) / 2 Years (Year 3 Entry)
Medium of InstructionEnglish and Chinese
Venue(s)Programme core modules conducted at Tsing Yi campus and some General Education (GE) elective modules on other campuses
Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Chinese Medicinal Pharmacy is recognised under the QF
QF Level: 5
QR Registration No.: 19/000688/L5
Registration Validity Period: 01/09/2019 to 31/08/2024
This Programme aims to provide students with a degree qualification in CM Pharm so as to support manpower training of the CM Pharm industry. The key mission is to provide an integrated CM Pharm programme to students so they can cope with complex and modernisation requirements in CM Pharm industry. This Programme will equip students with solid understanding of both traditional and scientific knowledge, practical skills and techniques to undertake professional CM Pharm practice. Students’ critical thinking skills will be developed to assist them as supervisors or managers in their careers. This Programme also aims to facilitate students to acquire the values, knowledge and skills for lifelong learning with the goal of contributing to the industry’s human capital needs.
- CM pharmacists in clinics
- Professional QA or QC in pharmaceutical manufactures
- Technicians of testing or authentication
- Proprietary Chinese medicine (pCm) registration officers
- Graduates of the Programme may be nominated as responsible persons or deputies for the supervision of the manufacturing process of proprietary Chinese medicines (section 132(1)(b) of Cap. 549) or as responsible persons or deputies for the supervision of the dispensing of Chinese herbal medicines (section 114(2)(b) of Cap. 549) after accumulating six months of relevant practical experience.
- Graduates of the Programme are eligible to apply for membership of the Hong Kong Chinese Medicine Pharmacists Association.
Entrance Requirements for Year 1:
- For HKDSE, a maximum of two Applied Learning (ApL) subjects can be counted for admission purpose. Relevant ApL subjects include: Foundation in Chinese Medicine, Fundamental Health Care, Health Care Practice, Medical Laboratory Science.
- Applicants may be required to attend an interview.
Entrance Requirements for Year 3:
Higher Diploma OR equivalent qualifications in a relevant area of study.
- Additional core modules are required (with fee charged) for sub-degree graduates according to the educational background of individuals.
- Applicants are screened and selected by an Admission and Interview Panel. All interviews are conducted in English.
- For enquiry please contact Faculty of Science and Technology (Telephone No: 2176 1505 / 2176 1894 or Email: email@example.com).
- The tuition fees are charged according to the number of credit points taken during a semester.
- The tuition fee for academic year 2021/22 is $3,380 per credit point for Year-1 entry and $3,380 per credit point for Year-3 entry. Tuition fees are subject to annual reviews.