- ≡ Menu
- Funding Opportunity
- E-resources >
- Equipment Registry
- Research Support Centre
- Research Assistant Recruitment
- English Proofreading Service
- Research Ethics
- Research Safety
SOPHIA is an interactive web-based platform for THEi researchers to submit grant applications and manage funded research projects. Log in to SOPHIA using your VTC email and password.
SOPHIA User Manuals are available here.
SOPHIA Training Videos:
- Open User Account and Login (2'52")
- Set Up Homepage (2'08")
- Submit Research Grant Application (4'57")
- View Your Projects in Sophia (3'46")
- Download Grant Application Forms (1'25")
1. Who can apply for a SOPHIA account?
- All full-time THEi academic staff are eligible to apply for a SOPHIA researcher account.
2. How do I apply for an account?
- Please email your name, faculty, post and email address to the Research Office at: email@example.com or call 3890 8089.
3. How long does it take to open an account?
- Your account will be ready within 3 working days. You will receive a notification email once it is ready.
4. I cannot login to SOPHIA, what can I do?
- Try logging on using your VTC email (i.e., @vtc.edu.hk) and password. If this does not work, you may not have an account and need to apply for one. Please contact the Research Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 3890 8089.
5. How do I submit my research grant proposal on SOPHIA?
- You can refer to the SOPHIA User Manuals on how to submit your proposal on SOPHIA or you can watch the “Submit Research Grant Application” video.
- If you still need help, please contact the Research Office at: email@example.com or 3890 8089.