|Programmes (Study Duration)||Required Academic Qualifications|
(Normally to be completed in 4 years)
- Study duration of Degree Programmes: Year 1 Entry: normally 4 years; Year 3 Entry: normally 2 years
- Offering of study place is subject to the applicants' academic qualifications, interview / test performance (if applicable), other learning experience and achievements, and availability of study places.
- Some programmes may have other specific requirements. Please refer to the programme details and specific requirements of individual programmes.
- Applicants who choose Design-related programmes and Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Multimedia Technology and Innovation programme are required to submit copies of their work portfolio for assessment by the departments concerned. The criteria for the work portfolio are as below:
- Should include projects that show the creative potential and design competency of candidate
- Should demonstrate visualisation skills
- Should show personal interest as well as cultural awareness
- Required to supplement with a concept illustration with no more than 100 words on portfolio creation
- In PDF format
- File size no larger than 5MB
- Images are clear and in high resolution
- No limit on the completion time and form of production
- Zip into a single folder if there are multiple files and name the file by the application number
- Email the portfolio by the registered email address in the Web-based Admission System to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants can apply with the results of the same public examination in different years of award. The best grade of multiple attempts on a particular subject will be assessed for admission.
- If you want to enquire the general entrance requirements for a specific non-local qualification or examination, please email to Registry at email@example.com .
The following English Language results are required in the application for other non-local qualifications, except International Baccalaureate (IB) and Business & Technology Education Council (BTEC):
|English Language Qualifications||Degree Programmes|
|Test of English as a Foreign Language
|A score of 550 (paper-based) / 213 (computer-based) / 79 (internet-based)|
|International English Language Testing System
|An overall score of 6.0|
|GCSE / IGCSE / GCE O-level English Language||Grade C / Grade 4|
|GCE A-level / GCE AS-level English Language||Grade E|
|International Baccalaureate ( IB ) English Language||Level 5
(Standard-Level English Language Syllabus B) /
(Higher-Level English Language Syllabus B) /
(Standard- / Higher-Level English Language Syllabus A)
|English Language results of overseas examinations recognised by VTC||To be considered on individual merits|
For Degree programmes, the TOEFL or IELTS results submitted must be within a 2-year period from the date of the test or examination to the date of commencement of study.
Apart from English Language, there is an additional language requirement, either Chinese or other languages. The qualifications will be assessed individually by the departments concerned.
For example, the following Chinese Language results will be considered individually in the application:
|Chinese Language Qualifications||Degree Programmes||Higher Diploma Programmes|
|GCSE / IGCSE / GCE O-level Chinese Language||Not applicable||Grade D|
|GCE AS-level Chinese Language||Grade E||Grade E|
|GCE A-level Chinese Language||Grade E||Grade E|
If you possess language qualifications other than Chinese Language or have other questions concerning your application, please contact Registry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please give relevant details in the section on supplementary information for Special Circumstances and upload copies of relevant documents via the " Web-based Admissions System ".