Entrance Scholarship for Degree Programmes under the SSSDP (for Year-1 Entry Students) (applicable for programmes with an annual subsidy of HK$41,000**)
THEi has set up an “Entrance Scholarship Scheme” in recognition of the all-round performance of outstanding Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education (HKDSE) students who enroll in the selected degree programmes under the Study Subsidy Scheme for Designated Professions/Sectors (SSSDP). The scheme offers one-off scholarships of up to HK$70,000 per award.
|Scholarship Amount ^||Criteria*|
** In 2018/19 Academic Year, the degree programmes under SSSDP with an annual subsidy of HK$41,000 offered by Technological and Higher Education Institute of Hong Kong include:
- JSSV03 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Landscape Architecture
- JSSV04 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Culinary Arts and Management
- JSSV07 Bachelor of Arts (Honours) in Horticulture and Landscape Management
- JSSV08 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Surveying
- JSSV09 Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours) in Sports and Recreation Management
- JSSV11 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Multimedia Technology and Innovation
- JSSV12 Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Information and Communications Technology
^ The amount depends on the performance of the student. Eligible students will receive notifications from the Institute and may be required to provide relevant information or attend an interview. No application is required.
# The Extended Mathematics modules will not be taken into account for scholarship consideration.
* Other achievements such as music, sports, leadership, community services and other extra-curricular activities may be considered.
Remark: The criteria of scholarship is subject to annual review. Awardees have to fulfill other conditions as set by the Selection Committee.
THEi has also set up the "Scholarship for Excellent Performance" for progressing students with value up to HK$40,000 in recognition of their excellent academic achievements in THEi.
You are welcome to contact us for further information about the scholarship: